August 16, 2015

Brave Indian Muslim customer saves shopkeeper from sword attack

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Sunday 16 Aug 2015 - 10:16 Makkah mean time-1-11-1436

New Delhi, (IINA) - A brave Indian Muslim man has saved a physically-challenged shopkeeper who was attacked by a thug carrying a sword and threatening to burn the whole place if the owner did not pay extortion money, according to media reports.
The incident occurred last week at PL Lokhande Marg in Chembur, India, when a physically challenged shopkeeper was attacked with a sword for daring to raise his voice against a group of druggies who used to extort money from nearly 200 shopkeepers on the threat of violence and arson.
The incident was caught on CCTV footage showing one of the thugs storming into the showroom and slashing Rajnish Singh Thakur, 36, twice before a brave Muslim customer managed to overpower him.
"Allah gave me the strength to save the man’s life,” Nasiruddin Mansuri, 45, who overpowered a sword-wielding man and saved the shopkeeper’s life, told Mid-Day news.
“I’m not a brave heart. I usually get scared very easily and tend to avert my gaze when fights break out, because I can’t stand bloodshed. I have no idea what got into me that day," he added.
“I feel the Almighty Allah helped me overpower the man. Islam teaches us to help the oppressed and stand up to oppressors. I think I did what should have been done. It was an act done in the heat of the moment,” added Mansuri.
The family of the shopkeeper said  they will be forever grateful to Mansuri who saved Thakur's life.
Four men arrested on Wednesday were remanded in police custody till Friday by a local court while search is on for two more persons in this connection, police said.
Muslims account for 180 million of India's 1.2 billion people, the world's third-largest Muslim population next to Muslims in Indonesia and Pakistan.
SM/IINA

No comments:

Post a Comment