Guantanamo Bay (AFP File photo)
Riyadh (IINA) – Nine Yemeni inmates, who were transferred from Guantanamo Bay, have arrived in Saudi Arabia, the Security Spokesman of the Ministry of Interior announced here on Saturday.
The Kingdom accepted the Yemeni detainees after Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman approved the request of Yemeni President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi to take in nine Yemeni detainees from Guantanamo prison, Saudi Gazette (SG) reported.
The inmates’ relatives, who are residents in Saudi Arabia, had earlier appealed that they be hosted in the Kingdom due to the situation Yemen is going through. The detainees arrived in the Kingdom at 8.00 p.m. Saturday, The security spokesman said.
The nine inmates are: Ahmed Umar Abdullah Al-Hikimi, Abdul Rahman Mohammed Saleh Nasir, Ali Yahya Mahdi Al-Raimi, Tariq Ali Abdullah Ahmed Ba Odah, Muhammed Abdullah Muhammed Al-Hamiri, Ahmed Yaslam Said Kuman, Abd Al Rahman Al-Qyati, Mansour Muhammed Ali Al-Qatta, and Mashur Abdullah Muqbil Ahmed Al-Sabri.
“Their relatives have been contacted and arrangements to facilitate meeting them have been made. However, they will be subjected to the regulations in force in the Kingdom that include that they benefit from the counseling and rehabilitation program” the spokesman added.
AB/IINA
No comments:
Post a Comment